Senior Frontend Engineer (ReactJS)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada .
full-time . June 22, 2022
full-time . June 22, 2022
Who we are:
Craver is one of the fastest growing technology startups in Canada. We have developed a leading ordering and engagement platform for the restaurants and are helping hundreds of #local restaurants. With best-in-class features such as mobile ordering, payment, rewards and loyalty and more, we help them retain and grow their loyal customer base. We are working with local brands such as Railtown Cafe, Dalina and AJ’s Pizzeria as well as many brands across North America. Our platform democratizes access to technology to power the technology needs of local businesses across the globe.
We have been listed as a top Canadian tech company to watch in 2021, and have been selected as the Best Workplace in Canada in 2021 and 2022.
Our Engineering team is building new features and functionality for Craver platform. We take pride in solving complicated problems using cutting edge technologies and in our ability to deliver quality software and innovative products to #local restaurants. The Senior Front-End Engineer will design, develop and implement responsive web designs and mobile apps that directly support customer experiences and our clients digital experience initiatives. This role will require a thorough understanding of front-end web development with a responsive architecture in a team-based collaborative environment. This role will work closely with other front-end developers, back-end developers, QA, product team, and product designers.
What you’ll do:
You will be involved in all aspects of software development such as:
- Software architecture, design, requirements analysis and development.
- Unit testing, automated testing and documentation
- Integration and deployment
- Software maintenance and operations on various cloud services
Who you are:
- You are a problem-solver, looking at each issue from multiple perspectives, trying to find the right solution for all stakeholders.
- You write clean code, have written unit tests, and adhere to software design principles
- Have a degree in computer science or related fields
- Typically you will have 5+ years of professional experience
- You have a passion for high quality, maintainable, and reliable React code
- You are experienced with React, Jest, CSS, Responsive design, Redux, ES6+, Webpack, Git
- You possess a user-centric mindset, and have used design thinking or other iterative approaches to optimize user experiences
- You have full SDLC experience working on big React apps, and have opinions on how they should be structured
- You have an agile mindset, and want to get code into production quickly
- You understand systems, data and application architecture and design
- You’re continuously learning and curious
- You can lead projects and mentor junior engineers to improve their skills
- You can juggle competing priorities, because you’re organized, capable of planning, scheduling and prioritizing work
- You care more about solving challenging problems than getting credit
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and ask for help when there is a block
Nice to have
- Ability to set up run test and deployment automation on CI/CD environments
- Experience with reporting, analytics, and data visualization
- Please share your personal projects on your resume
- If you have a GITHUB account please share it with us
Working with us:
- Work at one of the fastest growing, most impactful tech startups in Canada, and get involved at an exciting time for growth, with excellent opportunity for career growth. If you are a driven high performer and self-starter, this is the way to move your career into hyper-growth mode.
- A positive, supportive and friendly work environment with reasonably flexible hours with an engaged team that are making things happen, not just punching in the clock.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge while bringing new innovative ideas into life.
- A generous benefits package including prescription drug coverage, massage and dental
- Stock-options in the company
- A competitive salary
$100,000.00 - $130,000.00