Vancouver, BC, Canada .
full-time . July 20, 2022
full-time . July 20, 2022
Are you as passionate about leadership and the development of people as you are about building the product?
Do you want to join a rapidly growing software company and be a part of a Vancouver success story?
This position might be the unicorn you have been chasing!
We are looking for an experienced software development manager to join our team, who is willing to grow personally at the same pace that we’re growing as a company, hone their skills, and to help us deliver high quality, innovative SaaS and mobile products to #local restaurants around the world.
As the software development manager, you inspire the development team to achieve outstanding results. You have a track record of growing and leading strong teams of talented engineers and you thrive working with smart people.
You excel at solving challenging and unstructured problems. You break down the unknown into actionable tasks. Although you are mostly focused on team management, you are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves, are expected to understand the code base and can make commits if necessary. You are a mentor and advocate for our development team, and raise the bar directly and through your hiring efforts. You liaise with Product and Customer Success teams to ensure there is a clear, accurate and timely communication between the teams. You enable predictable delivery of high quality software that delights our customers (restaurants) and their guests.
You are great at trade-offs! You are able to make Type 1 vs Type 2 decisions quickly that balance competing priorities. You understand that we can’t achieve everything at all times, but can prioritize getting to the highest value goal.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects. Ensure work is properly scoped, designed, assigned and completed. Focus on high quality, high-velocity feature delivery, maintaining the balance between maximizing business impact and minimizing technical debt
- Assist in sprint planning, resource allocations, trade-offs and prioritization conversations with business and technical stakeholders to define epics and manage the quality of deliverables.
- Manage, Organize, Prioritize, and Resolve Emergent/Urgent Work
- Create and maintain a high performing Team
- Work with and mentor your engineering team in collaborative, lead-by-example fashion, while focusing on their career and personal growth.
- Be committed to the success of your people. You will help them set goals, have regular 1-on-1s, provide constructive feedback and coaching to ensure your team's success. You’ll work to understand employees’ career direction and work to empower their journey by acting as a mentor and coach.
- Level up technical skills of the team.
- Actively participate in the hiring process as both an interviewer and decision maker.
- Work directly with other engineering leaders to define key aspects of the architecture of the company's web, mobile, and back-end products
- Work with engineering leadership to prioritize and implement software engineering process and codebase improvements.
- Partner with product and design counterparts to manage all phases of development from ideation to post-deployment issue resolution
- Work cross-functionally with Customer and Product teams to identify and prioritize issues within our application and integration
- Remove roadblocks and build guardrails. You’ll work with the other leaders to create and maintain an environment where people can rapidly produce top-quality work that ultimately helps our customers be successful.
- Demonstrate humility to admit mistakes and grow from failures and build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Report up on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance.
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and managing complex software systems
- Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- 6+ years of experience in Software development
- 3+ years leading, mentoring, and managing the work of technical teams. You’ll bring your shared experience into conversations to influence and provide constructive feedback to direct reports throughout the journey to ensure goals. You’ve seen it and done it before.
- The ability to be agile in an agile environment. You’ll need to be able to lead and teach your team to adapt to change, while also thinking critically and creatively to find answers to problems.
- You’ve got Collaboration down to an art. You’ll work with your direct reports or other teams to understand what they want to accomplish and develop a plan to achieve it.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Effective communicator and comfortable presenting on technical concepts. Being transparent with your team and establishing an open dialogue will be a key to success in supporting your coaching conversations and discussions.
- Comfortable in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment
Craver is one of the fastest growing technology startups in Canada. We have developed a leading intelligent ordering and engagement platform for the restaurant industry and we help hundreds of local restaurants to engage their customers and create a loyal customer base. We are working with local brands such as Railtown Cafe, Dalina and AJ’s Pizzeria as well as many brands across North America. Our platform democratizes technology so that it is accessible to local businesses, and will in the future be able to power the technology needs of small businesses across the globe.