QA Engineer - Intern
Vancouver, BC, Canada .
internship . August 15, 2022
internship . August 15, 2022
Craver is one of the fastest growing technology startups in Canada. We have developed a leading intelligent ordering and engagement platform for the restaurant industry and we help hundreds of local restaurants to engage their customers and create a loyal customer base. We are working with local brands such as Railtown Cafe, Dalina and AJ’s Pizzeria as well as many brands across North America. Our platform democratizes technology so that it is accessible to local businesses, and will in the future be able to power the technology needs of small businesses across the globe.
The Quality Assurance team is responsible for testing Craver mobile and web applications across different platforms and environments as well as our REST apis. We take pride in solving complicated problems using cutting edge technologies and in our ability to deliver quality software and innovative products to our clients, and the QA team ensures that quality.
As part of our QA team, you will be responsible for testing the Craver platform and Craver apps on different environments. You will be performing manual and automated testing and deciding what test needs to be automated and what can be done manually. You will be responsible for creating, dissecting and following functional, integration, performance and UI test plans for different Craver apps, and different versions of our platform. You must be able to handle and clarify ambiguous requirements to generate the desired outcome.
What you’ll do:
You will be involved in all aspects of software testing and automation such as:
- Analyzing acceptance criteria and software specification to create detailed tests plans.
- Working with product and engineering teams to collect criteria to keep the test cases up to date.
- Identifying edge cases in implementation through a thorough black box testing.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities between different product teams.
- Finding, recording, documenting and tracking issues.
- Building test automation where sensible.
- Performing functional, non-functional, regression, integration, performance testing.
- Collaborating with other team members during the investigation and reproduction of defects that impact our customers.
- Providing root cause analysis to escalations and other important issues.
- Building subject matter expertise in product domains and utilize the knowledge to provide estimate, identity mitigated risks, assess product quality and release readiness
- Participating in documentation of QA team methodologies and technical knowledge base for posterity’s sake.
- Working with the team in definition and implementation of new QA Tools.
Who You are:
- Typically, you have some prior experience performing both manual and automated software testing of web and mobile applications as well as REST apis.
- You have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- You have a good knowledge of software quality assurance concepts and principles.
- You have a good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- You are able to apply your skills across a variety of use cases.
- You have a passion for finding bugs and pointing them out to the development teams.
- You are familiar with basic API interactions, writing simple SQL queries and understanding the basics of front-end and back-end web and mobile development technologies.
- You are a goal oriented self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a proven record of analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You have an extreme attention to detail.
- You are able to work in a fast paced environment and find the right balance between delivering quality products and aggressive release cycles.
Working with us:
- We’re a close team, who care about each other inside and outside work.
- We value output, not just punching a clock, and offer flexible hours.
- Flexible work location with an office located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, making your commute easy if you plan to be in the office.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge while bringing new innovative ideas into life.
- Company support for relevant training and conference participation.
- A generous benefits package including prescription drug coverage, massage and dental.
- We want you to take part in our success and offer a stock option plan.