Director of Marketing
Vancouver, BC, Canada .
full-time . September 2, 2022
full-time . September 2, 2022
Craver is one of the most impactful technology startups in Canada - empowering thriving local economies. We directly connect #local restaurants and their customers so they don’t have to go through 3rd-party delivery/ordering providers. We have developed a leading intelligent ordering and engagement platform for the restaurant industry and are helping hundreds of #local restaurants engage their customers and create a loyal customer base. We are working with local Vancouver brands such as Railtown Cafe, as well as hundreds of other brands across North America, Europe and Australia. Our platform democratizes access to technology to power the technology needs of local businesses across the globe.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to join our growing marketing team and lead Craver’s Marketing efforts. As the Director of Marketing, you will report directly to the CEO and be their trusted partner in designing and executing effective marketing strategies to achieve Craver’s business goals.
This is a high-impact role where you will be a key player in the decision-making process of our brand evolution, marketing execution, customer growth, and product development. We’re looking for a leader who has an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for helping #local restaurants, and the energy and discipline to be a builder in a start-up tech environment.
You are a results oriented marketing professional with a proven track record of success leading marketing for a company in a fast paced, competitive industry. We are not looking for a brand marketer for this role, but someone who is experienced in demand generation marketing for B2B SaaS and excited by the prospect of owning a lead generation and pipe generation target. This role is both strategic and tactical, so we are looking for someone who can wear different hats and thrives in a fast-paced environment. We take pride in our data driven approach to marketing - if you don’t like spreadsheets this isn’t the role for you!
You will collaborate closely with internal teams, including Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering. You will be instrumental in driving revenue growth and play a significant role in shaping Craver’s strategic planning.
What you'll be doing:
- Strategy and Leadership
- Demand Generation
- Content Marketing
- Customer Advocacy & Marketing
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience leading a marketing team and all marketing functions, preferably in B2B Saas, even better if you were selling to restaurants.
- You've successfully built and scaled the Marketing function of an early stage startup and are excited to push your abilities in a new role.
- You have been in Demand Gen roles previously (preferably at a Director level) and have held, met, and grown a lead commit.
- You have deep experience in several areas of Marketing (Content & Brand, Demand Gen, Product Marketing, and Marketing Operations), and broad exposure to the many other facets.
- You have strong discipline of customer development and research; you champion the voice of the customer throughout the organization.
- You’re excited to navigate and implement the full scope from high-level strategy to small execution details
- You have the ability to work independently and within the team in a rapid-paced environment with a determined “get the job done” mindset
- You’re a highly organized and conscientious worker with die-hard optimism and a can-do attitude. You can see projects through from ideation to execution;
- You have a data-first approach and the ability to use both quantitative data (e.g., metrics, analytics) and qualitative data (e.g., user feedback) to build your Marketing strategy, tell a compelling story and track performance.
- You are entrepreneurial, strategically imaginative, creative (if we haven't mentioned it enough) and always focused on adding value;
- You are a team player, you have previously worked with different kinds of people, you know how to lead a team and you are not afraid to defend your ideas with research.
- You have strong communication & cross functional collaboration skills. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing views to drive alignment and resolution.
- You are a self-starter who loves to dive right into your work and get things done. You operate with an ownership mentality for all areas of your work, and keep any commitments you make. Producing high quality work is always important to you and when you're faced with an obstacle, you discover or create solutions without letting the problem bog you down. You have experience creating clear roadmaps to success and are energized by the idea of owning that process for Marketing here at Craver too.
- You are self-aware and have a high EQ. You consistently seek out feedback and enjoy giving feedback to others too - you know we all do better when we grow together. You enjoy learning, and would go so far as saying you are ahead of industry trends at all times, and can’t wait to bring this knowledge to the business here too. Lastly, you are a data-driven person, but have the unique ability to balance your decision making process with data and your intuition. You are someone who trusts your gut, but uses the data to back yourself up and because of this, you are composed under pressure.
Working with us:
- Work at one of the fastest growing, most impactful tech startups in Canada, and get involved at an exciting time for growth, with excellent opportunity for career growth. If you are a driven high performer and self-starter, this is the way to move your career into hyper-growth mode.
- A positive, supportive and friendly work environment with reasonably flexible hours with an engaged team that are making things happen, not just punching in the clock.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge while bringing new innovative ideas into life.
- A generous benefits package including prescription drug coverage, massage and dental
- Stock-options in the company
- A competitive salary